My realization

In this moment, I realize what love, true (AGAPE) love is. Personally, if I love you as
I love my mother, if I see you in the same way I see my mother, it means I love you, I truly, truly, truly love you. Side note: it’s in my position to know and decipher if I love you the way I love my mother or I just like you. I understand, I know my mother is not perfect, but I love her nonetheless. A lot of people claim to love their mother, but they expect their mother to be perfect. They seldom regard the woman, seldom reason with or see reason with her on issues, especially issues she’s concerned about. My mother definitely gets on my nerve, but I don’t stay mad at her for long, longer than I can bear. She has her bad habits, and I get irritated. Rather than resent her and harbor ill feelings, I correct her and point out what I think is not right – in a loving manner, with utmost respect. I am not perfect, yet I try not to make her sad or disappointed. For the sake of love, I try to behave myself, just so my action and inactions don’t cause her sorrow and regret. I am not perfect, but because I love her, I try to give up certain frivolities and be the best.
If I do these (and even more for you), then truly, I love you. I am not without fault, but I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment