I WILL

Just the other day, i missed out on a great opportunity. i would not know what would have happened if i did that, all because i didn't do it. An opening for something interesting came on line. It took me a couple of weeks to apply for that.
When i finally applied for that, a reply came to my mail box almost immediately i sent it, and it read "THIS USER'S MAILBOX IS FILLED AND HAS TOO MANY MESSAGES. THIS USER CAN NOT RECEIVE YOUR MAIL AT THIS TIME". This message hurt me real bad. this could have been a life changing opportunity for me. whatever it held for me, I have lost out and will never know nor experience. this is because from the very first time I learned about this opening, the first phrase that came to my mind was "I WILL do it LATER!". This killer sentence prompted my nonchalance, I ended up never doing what i was meant to do at the right time. In fact one time, i decided to not procrastinate for a whole week. And annoyingly, through out that day, I postponed major events and activities. That action or series of actions made my day very gloomy and of course, unfulfilled.
We are victims of this common predicament; PROCRASTINATION! We constantly at one time or another, use the phrase "I'll do it later". Of course, some of us use it more often than the rest of us, but we sure use it, like its our solace, and i wonder, solace in what; solace for what? We must learn to rise above laziness: by prayers, determination, conscious effort to achieve goals and fulfill purpose, constant reminder to keep up in action. We miss out on opportunities sometimes, leave out important things, just because we let laziness be the order of our living.
Of course its not easy, but constant action that yields desired results is ALWAYS better than regrets and "I WISH". We can avoid all that by embracing positive vibes and energy around us. Making and adhering to a to-do list, a well spelled out  daily schedule, attainable goals and realizable purpose. At the end of a particular period of time, assess yourself, your progress. see how you faired and device new means of becoming even better.
As you embark on the life changing journey of facing challenges and completing tasks head on, enjoy the fulfillment that comes with the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment