THE SEARCH


I can NEVER get my head around the reason why some people have promised themselves to be stupid and lazy at all times… I’m sorry, it is a bad way to start.
Well…
I am a young lady with a promising future, or at least that is what people tell me, with assurance. I have my ideas and desires but most importantly, I am not sure I know what exactly I want to be. If not for anything, I am pretty sure that all I want to be, ever, all I wish and desire to have and become is nothing but being HAPPY! regardless of anything else, regardless of what we all call ambition, I just want to be happy. when I am happy, it means I am fulfilled and oh, what joy comes with the feeling of fulfillment! Nothing, absolutely nothing beats that feeling.
                                                           Image result for in pursuit of happiness
You know, one time in class, during my second year in the university, a lecturer asked the class what we all wanted to become in life and we took turns to answer, all of us. A lady whom I respect so much stood up when her turn came, and she said: “I want to be happy: that was it! Short, simple precise, that was her reply, her desire. People laughed. Some laughed at her, probably feeling she was just messing or joking around, being funny. Some laughed at her answer, probably perceiving it as an indecisive kind of thought. But at that moment, I was indifferent. I couldn’t wrap my head round it and it never left my mind. From time to time, I ponder about what she said that faithful day and ask, is that not what we all want? I think that is the desire of man and the essence of his existence. That is all there is to this life we living. In all things, regardless of our aims and achievements, our strife and struggles, we all desire and hope for one thing. We all want to be HAPPY. problem is, how do we go about our pursuit for happiness. When do we think or feel we have found that happiness we sought for? What do we so to find fulfillment? These are some of the questions that perplexes mankind, since time immemorial.
                                                 Image result for uncertainty and happiness
I just want to be happy. is that too much to ask? The society through the different agents of socialization, highlight certain specifics, in terms of goals, beliefs, lifestyle, among other things, that shape our and in some way, directs and redirects us towards finding happiness and being fulfilled, but how do we know for sure? This is partly the reason why most people live their lives as though it is a game of jackpot, where luck is the order of the day. The idea is just: head-off, seeking fulfillment, but thread carefully, portraying some sort of wisdom or smartness and if you are lucky, you will find happiness, through that hunch you had and if it didn’t bring fulfillment, then just keep trying. Once there is life, there is hope, or so they say.
                I dare ask, have you found what you are looking for? Have you found happiness?
                                                                   Image result for uncertainty and happiness
Don’t for get to drop your comment, share your thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment